MORTGAGES AND WHERE TO FIND THEM
Mortgage Sources: Traditional, Online, and Mortgage Brokers
Whether you are buying your first home or your 10th, you will probably need a Mortgage. Many institutions can serve as your "Mortgage Company." Traditional sources such as Banks, Savings and Loans, or Credit Unions can service your mortgage needs. These are the same people your parents probably sought out when they bought their home. Nowadays, there are also Online Lenders, who can give you several quotes at once to help you shop for the best rate. You can't just walk in and talk to someone about what you need, so it's important to try to assess their customer service and check their legitimacy. You'll be able to tell about their customer service by how responsive they are in the process.
There are also Mortgage Brokers, whose purpose is to do the shopping for you and find the best loan based on your financial status. Brokers do charge an extra fee so be sure to find out what those costs are up front. When choosing a lender, try to be as financially savvy as possible. If you are somewhat experienced with new home loans, you'll be able take advantage of great rates online or with a traditional lender with little problems. It's fairly easy to acquire a bit of knowledge these days, so try to take advantage of these resources as you set out to procure a mortgage.
Mortgage SourcesMortgage Bankers manage home loans. They find the money, underwrite the loan, service the loan, collect the monthly payments, send out the statements.
1. The Mortgage Bankers Association maintains the best one-stop reference for real estate finance information and mortgage loan information. Whether shopping for a home or a mortgage finance industry professional, it is all here in one place....and updated continually throughout the day!
2. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage offers a wide array of mortgage products to meet a variety of home financing needs.
The Internet is often the easiest way to get current prices and take advantage of them. You can compare prices and submit applications from the comfort of your own home.
1. The Loan Page provides over 20 ways to search for a mortgage loan including LIVE mortgage rates.
2. Countrywide is the nation's largest independent loan lender. Real estate mortgages. Pre-qualify for maximum mortgage home equity loans. Current interest rates online.
Mortgage brokers do not underwrite the loans, they specialize in putting together lenders and borrowers. They work with multiple lenders and are usually able to find very competitive rates to match the borrower's qualifications. They charge an extra fee, so be sure to find out what that will be. If you don't have the time nor the interest in searching for the best rates yourself, a good mortgage broker will do this for you. He'll talk to the lenders, all you'll need to do is come up with the paperwork he requests. They can usually find mortgage loans for people with less-than-perfect credit or other situations that may not qualify for a mortgage through traditional means.
2. LowerMyBills offers Home, home equity or refinancing. Receive up to 4 free quotes, compare rates and save money. Bad credit OK.
3. Mortgages-Expo finds mortgage companies offering bad credit mortgage loans, refinance loans, home equity loans and more. Fill out the simple loan request form to avail lowest possible rates from your local mortgage broker.
If you are in the market for a mortgage, there are many options for loan sources. Mortgage companies can be your bank, a savings and loan, a credit union, or can be found online. Additionally, if you don't want to take the time to search for the best rates yourself, the services of a mortgage broker can be invaluable. It's best to be somewhat informed about your options, whether you do the search yourself or let an online lender or mortgage broker do it for you. With the resources available to us today, it doesn't take much to be an informed borrower.