Information You Can Use to Help You Decide if a Plasma TV is in Your Future
Where To Go For More Information
As we looked for information on plasma TV's and what they are, we found many sources with good information on features, prices, and even places to buy. We present just a few of these sources below:
- PlasmaTV Buying Guide offers information about Plasma TV's, including reviews, buying tips, and a commparison chart. They also give you suggestions on where to buy your new plasma TV.
- Consumerreports.org rates plasma and other types of TV's, including available sizes and price range, plus good and bad points.
- TigerDirect.com offers many brands, sizes and models. They also have a guide to help you decide what type of TV is best for you, and offers suggestions on based placement, size and prices.
- Circuit City is another place to find information and to buy your plasma TV. You can shop by category, screen size, price, and brand.
- Best Buy offers a large variety of plasma TV's, ranging size from 37 to 60 inches.
Why Plasma TV?
Plasma TV's have a higher resolution than conventional TV sets and are capable of receiving and displaying the HDTV and DTV signals that conventional TV's cannot.
There are no scan lines like in conventional TV. You'll see smooth, evenly-lit images across the whole screen.
You'll also have exceptional color accuracy with plasma TV. In general, plasma TV's boast the best color accuracy in all types of flat screen TV's.
Plasma TV's have perfectly flat screens with no curvature at all. This eliminates the edge distortion that can occur in standard types and also allows the wide viewing angles that are a trademark of plasma displays. Some of the top quality plasma TV's also have an anti-glare coating for further enhanced viewability.
You'll enjoy space-saving design with plasma TV's, as the monitors are only a few inches in depth. They can be hung on a wall or from a ceiling, or you can still place them on a stand.
Some Other Things To ConsiderOne thing many people forget when buying a plasma TV is the size of the room and the viewing area. They often get the biggest size, without thinking about viewability. In order to get the most viewing pleasure from your plasma TV, follow these guidelines:
32-37" TV's may be viewed from 6 to 10 feet.
A 42" display may be viewed optimally from 10-14 feet.
A 52" display is best viewed from 12-16 feet.
A 63" display needs to have a minimum of 15 feet for optimal viewing.
Top name brands include Panasonic, Pioneer, Hitachi, Samsung, and Toshiba. Prices range from $2500-3000 for 42" models, up to $4500 for 52" models.
Before making the decision to buy your plasma TV, study all you can about the technology. It's a lot of money to spend for pure entertainment, so choose wisely.